The house mouse is considered one of the most bothersome pests in the United States. The house mice live and thrive in a variety of conditions around and in-home and farms. House mice eat food meant for your pets and even human food. They infect food-preparation surfaces with their feces and urine, which contain bacteria that cause food poisoning such as salmonella. Also, their constant gnawing causes damage to structure and property. To identify if your house is infested with mice, the first thing you will notice is droppings, fresh gnawing, and tracks where the mice are active. Their nests are usually made from finely shredded paper or other tough material in sheltered locations. House mice also contain a keen sense of taste, hearing, smell, and touch. They are also excellent climbers and can run up any vertical surface and run horizontally along with cables which they can jump 13 inches from the floor onto a flat surface. House mice can slip through a crack or hole that a pencil will fit into. It is important to keep in mind that in a single year a female mouse can have up to five to ten litters of five or six young each and is born 19 to 21 days after mating. That’s why it’s important to know if your house is infested and to take the necessary steps to get rid of them by calling a certified animal removal company.